- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- James Maurice Boyer, 82, of Glenallen passed away Saturday, Aug. 29, 2009, at his home.
He was born April 23, 1927, in Tiff, Mo., son of A.L. and Susan Courtois Boyer. He and Betty Francis were married July 19, 1948, in Piggott, Ark.
Boyer was employed at Deevers Shoe Factory and Missouri Conservation Department. He later owned Boyer's Store in Grassy, Mo. He retired from International Hat Co. in Marble Hill, Mo.
He is survived by his wife; three sons, Jay (Barbara) Boyer, Kevin (Pam) Boyer, and Stan (Lou Ann) of Glenallen; five grandchildren, Jamie (Angie) Boyer, Andy Boyer, Danny (LeeAnn), David (Diana), Travis (Sarah); and five great-grandchildren, Kristen, Alison, Dalton, Kolten and Lauren; two sisters, Penny Nelson and Theresa Tholl of Kansas City, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his twin sister, Marcella; five brothers; and another sister.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel, with Dr. John Englehart and Kelly Francis officiating. Burial will be in McGee Chapel Cemetery in Glenallen.