- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mount Auburn Road reopened to traffic
North Mount Auburn Road was re-opened to traffic shortly before 2 p.m. Monday following a gas leak that shut the road down.
The gas line was ruptured during construction intended to widen the road. The 2-inch gas main was near Collins Road.
Mount Auburn was closed from Hopper Road on the north to Old Hopper Road on the south. One lane of traffic in each direction was allowed to pass beginning at 1:50 p.m., said AmerenUE gas supervisor Mike Wetherell.
A complete repair of the line will likely require crews to be on the scene for three or four more hours, Wetherell said at about 2:30 p.m.
925 N. Mt. Auburn Rd., Cape Girardeau, MO