- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP: Delta girls fall to Poplar Bluff
Kendra Burnett surrendered nine runs as Delta fell to host Poplar Bluff 9-4 in softball action Saturday.
Taylor Smith went 1 for 4 with a triple and an RBI for Delta (2-1).
Ashley Glaus added a double and an RBI in the loss.
WP -- Brandi Perry. LP -- Kendra Burnett. 2B -- Ashley Glaus (D), Samantha Bartels (D). 3B -- Webb (PB), Taylor Smith (D). Multiple hits -- Poplar Bluff: Marissa Webb 2-4, Chelsea Coleman 2-3, Brooks 2-3. Records -- Delta 2-1, Poplar Bluff 1-1.
CROSS COUNTRY Metro East invite
Saxony Lutheran opened its season by competing in a major meet in Edwardsville, Ill.
Saxony's boys were 12th while the girls finished 11th. Twenty-eight schools participated in the 3.1-mile race.
Kristin Dippold led Saxony's girls with a 10th-place finish. Rhett Obermann was 21st for the boys.
Boys -- 21. Rhett Obermann, 19:21; 53. Trevor Mabuce, 20:30; 71. Kris Cook, 21:32; 111. Zach Vogel, 24:48; 119. John Olson, 27:05
Girls -- 10. Kristin Dippold, 22:05; 52. Tori Winter, 24:52; 59. Claire Skelton, 25:40; 76. Sarah Winningham, 26:46; 100. Regan Obermann, 28:53
-- From staff reports