- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape man wanted on charges of home invasion, kidnapping
Police were searching late Saturday for a Cape Girardeau man who allegedly forced his way into a Scott City residence and made an elderly man drive him to Chaffee, Mo.
According to Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter, Cape Girardeau police pursued Zatrun R. Twiggs to arrest him on some outstanding warrants Friday evening.
A woman and Twiggs managed to escape by car to Scott City, where Twiggs left the vehicle and ran to the residence of an elderly couple in the Cloverdale subdivision.
Walter said Twiggs then forced his way into the home and told the couple he had a gun. The man then drove Twiggs to a residence on West Parker Avenue in Chaffee.
The woman's whereabouts were unknown late Saturday, though Cape Girardeau police are seeking charges against her. Walter said the woman drove to Rockview, Mo., where she left the car and unsuccessfully tried to force her way into a home there. She then left the area on foot and called her mother, who lives in Bertrand, Mo. Walter said the mother told her daughter she would not pick her up in Rockview.
Cape Girardeau police are not releasing the name of the woman.
Twiggs is now wanted on charges of home invasion, kidnapping and armed criminal action. Walter said Twiggs could be heading back to Cape Girardeau and has a history of violence.