- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
What's happening today 8/30/09
Kick Off Sunday at Zion United Methodist Church
Zion United Methodist Churh will hold a Kick Off Sunday where the public is invited to meet the people of Zion and look at the programs and activities. Worship begins at 8 a.m. followed by music and ice cream at 6:30 p.m.
Hobbs Chapel UMC Movie Night
The movie for this month is "Amazing Grace," based on the life of William Wilberforce, a member of the British Parliament. During the late 18th and early 19th centuries, he led the fight to ban slavery in the British Empire. The movie will run 111 minutes and popcorn and soda will be provided. The event begins at 6 p.m. at Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church.
Red Door serves up community meal
A free fellowship meal with home-cooked food and friendly church members will be served from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church.
Community yoga class held at the gazebo
There will be an all-levels class of gentle yoga from 7 to 8 p.m. on the lawn of the Cape Girardeau Common Pleas Courthouse at the gazebo. In case of rain, class will meet at the Yoga on Broadway studio, 2121 Broadway, Suite A.
Calvary United Pentecostal Church plans celebration
An Outpouring Celebration will be at 10 a.m. at Calvary United Pentecostal Church in Jackson. Martin Gantt of Kansas City, Mo., will be the guest speaker. The celebration will also include music and fellowship.