- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Poorman - 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Poorman of Scott City celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Aug. 2, 2009, by attending the Cal Ripken 9U Midwest Plains Regional Baseball Tournament in Haysville, Kan., to watch their grandson play baseball.
A surprise reception was held for them at the ballpark after the game.
Poorman and Shirley Vetter were married Aug. 2, 1959, at Commerce United Methodist Church in Commerce, Mo.
They have a son, Dr. Yancy (Cindy) Poorman, and a grandson, Kolten Poorman, all of Bonne Terre, Mo.