- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Humble - Beussink
Steve and Deb Beussink of Jackson announce the engagement of their son, Zachary Stephen Beussink, to Erin Anise Humble. She is the daughter of Patti and Larry McGregor and John Humble of Joplin, Mo.
Humble is a 1999 graduate of Joplin High School. She received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Missouri State University in 2005, and is pursuing a master's degree in communications. She is employed by the university as a health career coordinator with Missouri Area Health Education Center.
Beussink is a 1996 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. He served four years in the U.S. Marine Corps, achieving the rank of sergeant. He received bachelor degrees in biology and psychology from Missouri State University in 2005, and a master's degree in biology in 2007. He is an instructor at Ozark Technical College in Springfield, Mo.
A Sept. 19 wedding is planned in Springfield.