- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Liberals have deep moral values
In response to David Limbaugh's ongoing statements that liberals lack moral values, I offer the following: "Then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:37-40)
Liberals, Christian or not, embrace the essential morality underlying these and 3,000 other biblical references to helping the poor. Unlike conservatism, helping people in poverty is a central theme of both the Gospel and liberal politics. I'm sorry, Mr. Limbaugh, but liberals do have profound moral values with a strong, biblical basis.
I have known many conservatives who help the poor, but I'm always amazed at the many more who judge and condemn poor people they know little about. This is often fueled by the Limbaugh brothers' ongoing public pronouncements which distort the reality of poverty even as they stoke the most base and hateful instincts of their audience. Where is Christianity in this? I know that I speak for many when I request that Limbaugh moderate his colossal arrogance and stop judging the morality of liberals and the poor as if he himself were somehow God.
ROBERT POLACK Jr., Cape Girardeau