- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Liberals have deep moral values
In response to David Limbaugh's ongoing statements that liberals lack moral values, I offer the following: "Then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." (Matthew 25:37-40)
Liberals, Christian or not, embrace the essential morality underlying these and 3,000 other biblical references to helping the poor. Unlike conservatism, helping people in poverty is a central theme of both the Gospel and liberal politics. I'm sorry, Mr. Limbaugh, but liberals do have profound moral values with a strong, biblical basis.
I have known many conservatives who help the poor, but I'm always amazed at the many more who judge and condemn poor people they know little about. This is often fueled by the Limbaugh brothers' ongoing public pronouncements which distort the reality of poverty even as they stoke the most base and hateful instincts of their audience. Where is Christianity in this? I know that I speak for many when I request that Limbaugh moderate his colossal arrogance and stop judging the morality of liberals and the poor as if he himself were somehow God.
ROBERT POLACK Jr., Cape Girardeau