- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Wednesday accident near Benton leaves two in serious condition
EDITOR'S NOTE: A sentence saying all three people involved in the crash were wearing seat belts was removed.
BENTON, Mo. - Two people are in serious condition following a Wednesday afternoon accident on Highway 77.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Thomas W Frobase, 72, of Benton was driving his 1996 Yamaha motorcycle when a 1999 Buick driven by Rosa L. Buchanan, 83, of Sikeston, Mo., pulled into his path. Frobase then struck the Buick at around 4:23 p.m.
Frobase and motorcycle passenger Karen S. Robinson, 64, of Portageville, Mo., were taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center, where they were treated for serious injuries. Buchanan sustained minor injuries.