- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Delta Bobcats shut out Scott City
Delta used a seven-hit attack to down host Scott City 5-0 in softball action Wednesday.
Kendra Burnett earned her second victory, allowing only three hits with no walks and striking out six.
Rachel Reed faced 27 batters, allowing seven hits and three earned runs for the Rams.
Delta's Taylor Keys went 2 for 4 while Samantha Bartels went 2 for 2 with an RBI. Ashley Glaus added a double and an RBI for the Bobcats (2-0).
Stacey Heisserer tripled for Scott City (0-2).
WP -- Kendra Burnett, 2-0. LP -- Rachel Reed 0-1. 2B -- Ashley Glaus (Delta). 3B -- Stacey Heisserer (SC). Multiple hits -- Delta: Taylor Keys 2-4, Samantha Bartels 2-2. Records -- Delta 2-0, Scott City 0-2.
-- From staff reports