- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Healthier school lunch menus
Putting a salad bar into the school lunch menu is a great idea. Cape Girardeau should take a closer look at our children's menu offerings.
Having children myself, I fully understand that it is hard to get a child to eat right, so let's teach them good eating habits now. The food will cost a little more. Fresh healthy food does cost a little more. It's worth it.
Children who eat a healthy breakfast and lunch with a little less sugar do better in school. They can pay attention more easily. They don't get sick as often. Good nutrition will pay off for our children. They are certainly worth a few more tax dollars. I'll gladly put in my share.
ANDREW BENNETT HAZARD, Cape Girardeau