- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)3
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Healthier school lunch menus
Putting a salad bar into the school lunch menu is a great idea. Cape Girardeau should take a closer look at our children's menu offerings.
Having children myself, I fully understand that it is hard to get a child to eat right, so let's teach them good eating habits now. The food will cost a little more. Fresh healthy food does cost a little more. It's worth it.
Children who eat a healthy breakfast and lunch with a little less sugar do better in school. They can pay attention more easily. They don't get sick as often. Good nutrition will pay off for our children. They are certainly worth a few more tax dollars. I'll gladly put in my share.
ANDREW BENNETT HAZARD, Cape Girardeau