- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Healthier school lunch menus
Putting a salad bar into the school lunch menu is a great idea. Cape Girardeau should take a closer look at our children's menu offerings.
Having children myself, I fully understand that it is hard to get a child to eat right, so let's teach them good eating habits now. The food will cost a little more. Fresh healthy food does cost a little more. It's worth it.
Children who eat a healthy breakfast and lunch with a little less sugar do better in school. They can pay attention more easily. They don't get sick as often. Good nutrition will pay off for our children. They are certainly worth a few more tax dollars. I'll gladly put in my share.
ANDREW BENNETT HAZARD, Cape Girardeau