- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Healthier school lunch menus
Putting a salad bar into the school lunch menu is a great idea. Cape Girardeau should take a closer look at our children's menu offerings.
Having children myself, I fully understand that it is hard to get a child to eat right, so let's teach them good eating habits now. The food will cost a little more. Fresh healthy food does cost a little more. It's worth it.
Children who eat a healthy breakfast and lunch with a little less sugar do better in school. They can pay attention more easily. They don't get sick as often. Good nutrition will pay off for our children. They are certainly worth a few more tax dollars. I'll gladly put in my share.
ANDREW BENNETT HAZARD, Cape Girardeau