- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Rose L. Musgraves passed away Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2009, on her 94th birthday, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Aug. 25, 1915, in Elberon, Iowa, to Otto and Caroline Baresh Kubalek. She and Arthur Musgraves were married Feb. 12, 1965. They had been married 28 years when Art passed away June 21, 1993.
Rose had been a faithful member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson and St. Ann's Sodality since 1935. She formerly served as a communion minister at the former Deal Nursing Home, where she worked 22 years as a nurse aide, retiring in 1977.
In the mid-1960s the Musgraveses became caretakers of McCombs Funeral Home previously located on U.S. 61 in Jackson. When the new funeral home was built on Route D, they became resident caretakers. In 1995, when Rose's health began to decline, she moved to the home of her daughter-in-law, Nellie Randol.
Rose and Art are still missed by the McCombs staff.
Loving survivors include two grandsons, Mark (Jackey) Randol of Austin, Texas, James (Angie) Randol of Jackson; a daughter-in-law, Mrs. Jerome (Nellie Randol) Lipp of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; two great-grandsons, James Michael Randol of Phoenix, Dustin Randol of Jackson; two great-granddaughters, Christina Randol and Mary Katherine Randol of Austin; and a sister, Mildred Schmidt of Titonka, Iowa.
Also surviving are two stepsons, Harold (Ila) Musgraves of Redlands, Calif., Wade (Deanna) Musgraves of Salem, Ore.; two stepdaughters, Martha (Jim) Whitledge of Ojai, Calif., Janice (Melvin) Heise of Millersville; several stepgrandchildren; and great-stepgrandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a son, Mike Randol (1974); a brother, Otto Kubalek; two sisters, Blanche Messinger and Emma Hrstka.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. A parish prayer service will be held at 7, followed by the rosary led by St. Ann's Sodality.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorial gifts are suggested to the American Heart Association or for masses.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.