- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Several road work projects get started in region
Independence to be reduced for weeks
The eastbound lane of Independence Street between Sprigg Street and Lorimier Street is closed for three to four weeks as Fronabarger Concreters of Oak Ridge works on the sidewalks, curbs and gutters. Traffic will be rerouted to Themis Street during the work, which is being funded by the city's Transportation Trust Fund sales tax. Westbound lanes and local businesses will remain open. When the work on the eastbound lanes is complete, Fronabarger will work on the westbound lanes. The project includes similar work to be done later on Independence Street from Lorimier Street to Main Street. The street will also be resurfaced with a new layer of asphalt.
Route ZZ reduced to one lane for repairs
Route ZZ in Bollinger County west of Glenallen, Mo., will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today while Missouri Department of Transportation crews make pavement repairs. The section is from Bollinger County Road 830 to Highway 34.
Repairs on Route E reduce it to one lane
Route E in Perry County east of Perryville, Mo., will be reduced to one lane Tuesday while Missouri Department of Transportation crews do routine repairs. The section is between County Road 322 and County Road 354, about two miles west of Route C. The work will take place from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
-- From staff reports