- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Donald L. "Gabby" Johnson, 64, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 13, 2005, at his home.
He was born May 26, 1940, in McClure, Ill., son of John Lowell and Corean Waterman Johnson.
Johnson had been manager of the Purple Crackle in East Cape Girardeau, Ill. He was a member of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau, American Legion Post in Alexander County, Ill., and Eagles Aerie 3775 in Cape Girardeau. He was formerly of McClure, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Donald L. Johnson Jr. of East Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Misti Johnson of Jackson, Gina Johnson of East Cape Girardeau; a sister, Norma Masters of Gulfport, Miss.; seven grandchildren, Ashley Johnson, Tempi Cavanaugh, Christian Johnson, Jordan Johnson, Brianna Hobbs, Aric Hobbs and Dawson Johnson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at McClure with full military honors by VFW Post 3838, and Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna, Ill.