- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kelly's Dock tosses no-hitter in opener
Danielle Dock wasted no time finding her groove in the circle.
Kelly's senior pitcher threw a no-hitter in the Hawks' softball season-opener Monday. Kelly downed East Carter 4-0 behind 14 strikeouts from Dock.
"She did a really good job," Kelly coach Rhonda Ratledge said. "She was on fire."
Dock helped herself at the plate by going 2-for-3 with an RBI.
Haley Glastetter and Hannah Vinyard also knocked in a run apiece.
WP -- Danielle Dock. LP -- Randazzo. Multiple hits -- Kelly: Dock 2-3, Emily Grojean 2-4. Records -- Kelly 1-0.
Jackson 7, Chaffee 1
The Indians rallied for a road win in the season opener for both teams.
Chaffee scored its lone run in the fourth inning and that's the way things stood until the sixth, when Jackson went ahead with two runs. The Indians broke open the game with a five-run seventh.
Ashley Cook was the winning pitcher. She allowed five hits, struck out nine and walked two.
The Indians had nine hits, led by Robyn Bowen and Katie Garner with two apiece.
Montana Estes and Hannah Bedwell both had two hits for Chaffee.
WP -- Ashley Cook. LP -- Montana Estes. 2B -- Tori Smith (J), Hannah Bedwell (C). Multiple hits -- Jackson, Robyn Bowen 2-4, Katie Garner 2-4; Chaffee, Estes 2-3, Bedwell 2-3. Records -- Jackson 1-0, Chaffee 0-1.
Delta 3, Twin Rivers 2
Kendra Burnett struck out nine and allowed no earned runs to pick up her first victory of her senior season.
Taylor Smith and Taylor Keys both collected two hits in the win.
WP -- Kendra Burnett. LP -- Chelsea Crain. 2B -- Ashley Glaus (D), Samantha Bartels (D). Multiple hits -- Delta: Taylor Smith 2-3, Taylor Keys 2-2. Records -- Twin Rivers 0-1, Delta 1-0.
Kennett 8, Scott City 0
The Rams managed just one hit as they opened their season with a road loss.
Stacey Heisserer's fourth-inning single foiled Kennett's no-hit bid.
WP -- Jones. LP -- Melanie Lacey. HR -- A. Gore (K). 3B -- Jones (K). 2B -- K. Gore (K). Multiple hits -- Kennett, K. Gore 2-3, Jones 2-3. Records -- Scott City 0-1, Kennett 1-0.
Jackson 6, Charleston 3
The Indians started their season with a home victory behind five wins in singles matches.
Katie King and Ashley Robinson both won their singles matches then teamed for a win at No. 3 doubles.
No. 1 -- Chelsea Jones (J) def. Morgan Collier 8-4
No. 2 -- Jenny Powell (J) def. Chelsea Stallings 8-3
No. 3 -- Madeline Burke (C) def. Kaylyn Sneathen 9-8 (7-3)
No. 4 -- Katie King (J) def. Jasmine Spence 8-4
No. 5 -- Ashley Robinson (J) def. Taylor Duenne 8-5
No. 6 -- Montana Adams (J) def. Gabrielle Quinn 8-3
No. 1 -- Collier-Stallings (C) def. Jones-Sneathen 9-7
No. 2 -- Burke-Duenne (C) def. Adams-Powell 8-3
No. 3 -- King-Robinson (J) def. Spence-Quinn 9-7
JV -- Jackson won 6-0
-- From staff reports