- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
UNITY, Ill. -- Ollie Stroup, 92, of Unity died Saturday, Aug. 22, 2009, at Daystar Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Sept. 17, 1916, in Russellville, Ark., to Henry and Pnola Nutt Standridge. She married Claude W. Stroup in 1940. He preceded her in death in 1970.
Stroup was a member of Unity Baptist Church. She was a former salesclerk.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Stroup of Cairo, Phyllis Tingle of Bessemer, Ala.; a grandson, David Allen Tingle of Unity; a great-grandson, David Allen Tingle II of Cape Girardeau; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a son, David Stroup in 1988.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to service time Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond McAfee officiating. Burial will be in Rosemont Cemetery in Arkansas.
Memorials may be made to Unity Baptist Church and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.