- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Mike Alcorn, 83, of Anna died Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
He was born July 22, 1921, in Murphysboro, Ill., son of Glenn and Beulah Mildred Ferrell Alcorn.
Alcorn was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University and a football coach and driving instructor at Anna-Jonesboro Community High School. He also served as deacon at First Christ Church of Anna. Alcorn was a member of the Alexander-Pulaski-Union Retired Teachers Association and served on the advisory council at the Sunshine Inn senior center in Anna. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II, serving in the 17th Photo Reconnaissance Squadron. Alcorn was a life member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
Survivors include a cousin, Denton Ferrell of Eldorado, Ill.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Dee Armes officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery, with military honors by VFW Post 3455.