- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sikeston granted $1 million in disaster assistance for January ice storm
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The State Emergency Management Agency announced today that Sikeston will receive a $1,068,693 grant to repair the city's municipal utility system, according to a SEMA news release.
The city-owned power system was damaged during the Jan. 26 and 27 ice storm. Public assistance from FEMA was made available following Gov. Jay Nixon's request for federal assistance, which was approved in February.
The funds will be used to repair electric lines and "associated infrastructure," according to the news release.