- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Louis Woodrow Miller, 85, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Feb. 13, 2005, at Elder Care of Marble Hill.
He was born Jan. 2, 1920, in Laflin, Mo., son of Andrew Jackson and Alma Sitze Miller. He and Deloris Wilson were married May 2, 1942, in Jackson.
Miller worked as a part manager for J.W. Chevrolet from 1960 until he retired in 1990. He was a member of the Marble Hill United Methodist Church, the United Methodist Men's Club, and a past member of the church's choir. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge 440. Miller served his country proudly during World War II in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a son and daughter-in-law, Bill and Barbara Miller of Union, Mo.; a daughter and son-in-law, Susan and Lt. Col. Jeffery Lutes of Omaha, Neb.; a brother and sister-in-law, Truman and Ruth Miller of Cape Girardeau; a niece, Sharon Fuller of Marble Hill; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Marble Hill United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Michael Kelpe officiating. Burial will be at Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill with full military rites performed by the Missouri Military Honors Team.