- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Leon Alsip, 57, of Jonesboro died Friday, Feb. 11, 2005, at Carbondale Memorial Hospital.
He was born Aug. 10, 1948, at Anna, Ill., son of Albert Lee and Mildred Massey Alsip.
Alsip was a construction worker and a member of the American Legion Post at McClure, Ill. He was a U.S. Army veteran, serving in the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife, Karen, of Jonesboro; three sons, Billy Alsip, Leon Alsip and Eric Smith, all of Jonesboro; three daughters, Brandy Alsip, Ashley Smith, Samantha Smith, all of Jonesboro; his stepfather, Willis Reynolds of Jonesboro; two brothers, Mitchell Alsip and Ricky Alsip, both of Anna; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bon Reynolds officiating.
Burial will in the Ebenezer Hall Cemetery. Graveside military rites will be conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 of Anna.