- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cary L. Flanagan, 45, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005, in an auto accident at Jerome, Mo.
He was born Sept. 9, 1959, at Ray, Ariz., son of Noel E. and Dorthy Maine Flanagan. He and Anita A. Huffman were married Oct. 6, 1979, at Marquand, Mo.
He graduated from Marquand-Zion High School in 1977 and was the owner and operator of Heartland Pest Control in Cape Girardeau.
He was a comissioner with the local American Softball Association and worked with Special Olympics.
Survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; his mother of Farmington, Mo.; his best friend, Dallas; a brother, Terry Flanagan of Fredericktown; three sisters, Evelyn Skinner of Bonne Terre, Mo., Donna Flanagan of Los Angeles, Calif., Tammy Flanagan of Fredericktown.
He was preceded in death by his father and one brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Keith Huffman and Jason Wray, a nephew, officiating.