- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Liberals claim to care for families
To the editor:
I am writing this letter as a warning to everyone. Be careful, because there are tons of liberals who claim to care for you and America's families. Let me tell you, in case you didn't know: They don't care for you.
They openly support abortion. How is this caring for America's families? This is morally and biblically wrong. It is also murder.
Regarding the war on terror, President Bush and his administration eliminated two threats to national security. Both of them were tied to the 9-11 attacks. The liberals opposed both wars. Does this mean they care for America's families? It sounds like they want to keep these terrorists out there and let them attack us again. This is insane.
So be careful, because there are plenty of liberals who claim to care for America and its families.
MATT HAYES, Scott City