- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Elbert "Ellis" Hoffine, 70, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Sept. 18, 1934, in Waterloo, Kan., son of Claus and Orpha Hoffine. He and Bonnie Young were married March 1, 1994.
Hoffine was a member of First Baptist Church in Blodgett, Mo.
He served in the Naval Reserves.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Doug Hoffine of St. Louis, Travis Hoffine of Cazenovia, Wis.; three daughters, Jan McDaniel of Kansas, Diane Friesen of Buffalo, N.Y., Kimberly Habben of Omaha, Neb.; a stepson, Jeff Young of Sikeston; his mother of Wichita, Kan.; three brothers, Ray, Homer and Jimmy Hoffine; five sisters, Rita, Rosemary, Ruth Ann, Margie and Carol; and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Randy Bohannon and the Rev. Harold Norton officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.