- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Elbert "Ellis" Hoffine, 70, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Sept. 18, 1934, in Waterloo, Kan., son of Claus and Orpha Hoffine. He and Bonnie Young were married March 1, 1994.
Hoffine was a member of First Baptist Church in Blodgett, Mo.
He served in the Naval Reserves.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Doug Hoffine of St. Louis, Travis Hoffine of Cazenovia, Wis.; three daughters, Jan McDaniel of Kansas, Diane Friesen of Buffalo, N.Y., Kimberly Habben of Omaha, Neb.; a stepson, Jeff Young of Sikeston; his mother of Wichita, Kan.; three brothers, Ray, Homer and Jimmy Hoffine; five sisters, Rita, Rosemary, Ruth Ann, Margie and Carol; and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Randy Bohannon and the Rev. Harold Norton officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.