- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Elbert "Ellis" Hoffine, 70, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Sept. 18, 1934, in Waterloo, Kan., son of Claus and Orpha Hoffine. He and Bonnie Young were married March 1, 1994.
Hoffine was a member of First Baptist Church in Blodgett, Mo.
He served in the Naval Reserves.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Doug Hoffine of St. Louis, Travis Hoffine of Cazenovia, Wis.; three daughters, Jan McDaniel of Kansas, Diane Friesen of Buffalo, N.Y., Kimberly Habben of Omaha, Neb.; a stepson, Jeff Young of Sikeston; his mother of Wichita, Kan.; three brothers, Ray, Homer and Jimmy Hoffine; five sisters, Rita, Rosemary, Ruth Ann, Margie and Carol; and 11 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Randy Bohannon and the Rev. Harold Norton officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.