- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Allene Gleason, 94, of Cape Girardeau ascended to her heavenly home Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005, at the Lutheran Home, where she had resided since September 2003.
Allene was born Feb. 12, 1910, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Carmen Gash and Allen Graves. She and Ruddle Gleason were married in November 1935, in Murphysboro, Ill. He died May 3, 1977.
Mrs. Gleason worked at International Shoe Co. and Davis Electric while rearing six children. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Her loving survivors are Joe (Joan) Gleason of San Dimas, Calif., Ken (Sue) Gleason of Cape Girardeau, Marilyn (Kenneth) Stevenson of Riverside, Calif., Jean (Jim) McLain of Wood River, Ill., Judy (Tom) Holshouser of Cape Girardeau, and Joan (Doss) Heath of Tuscola, Ill. She was the proud grandmother of 16 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
An infant daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The celebration of her life will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Lynwood Baptist Church, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating.
Remembrance of all children in mother's name may be made to Lynwood Baptist Awanna program or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.