- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Allene Gleason, 94, of Cape Girardeau ascended to her heavenly home Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005, at the Lutheran Home, where she had resided since September 2003.
Allene was born Feb. 12, 1910, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Carmen Gash and Allen Graves. She and Ruddle Gleason were married in November 1935, in Murphysboro, Ill. He died May 3, 1977.
Mrs. Gleason worked at International Shoe Co. and Davis Electric while rearing six children. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Her loving survivors are Joe (Joan) Gleason of San Dimas, Calif., Ken (Sue) Gleason of Cape Girardeau, Marilyn (Kenneth) Stevenson of Riverside, Calif., Jean (Jim) McLain of Wood River, Ill., Judy (Tom) Holshouser of Cape Girardeau, and Joan (Doss) Heath of Tuscola, Ill. She was the proud grandmother of 16 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
An infant daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The celebration of her life will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Lynwood Baptist Church, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating.
Remembrance of all children in mother's name may be made to Lynwood Baptist Awanna program or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.