- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Catherine M. Sander-Southard, 83, of Perryville died Thursday, Aug. 13, 2009, at Perry Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation in Perryville.
She was born Jan, 12, 1926, at Venice, Ill., daughter of Ollie and Bertha Kittel. She married Charles Southard in May 1958 and he preceded her in death Oct. 30, 2000.
She was a former director of VIP Industries in Perryville. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary in Cape Girardeau and also the Eagles Club in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Lee (Judy) Chesnick of Old Appleton; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren
She was preceded in death by two sisters and five brothers.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. Tony Datillo officiating. Burial will be in Cape Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Miller Family Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.