- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Maxine Fulenwider, 88, of Jonesboro died Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005, at the Jonesboro Health Care Center.
She was born Feb. 11, 1916, in Oran, Mo., daughter of G.A. and Josephine Barber. She married Jean D. Fulenwider May 26, 1937, in Jonesboro. He died Oct. 2,1989.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Jonesboro for 68 years. She taught Sunday school for more than 40 years. In addition to her church work, she was active with PTA at the Jonesboro grade school while her two sons were growing up.
Surviving are two sons, Bruce Fulenwider of Huntsville, Texas, Ron Fulenwider of Jonesboro; seven grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and two infant sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at First Baptist Church of Jonesboro.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in the St. John's cemetery. Hileman Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.