- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape County man accused of exploitation in Internet sting
A Cape Girardeau County man caught in an Internet sting operation initiated in Colorado faces charges of Internet exploitation of a child and growing marijuana.
Jerry L. Gilles, 59, of 3507 Old Route V, was arrested Friday when deputies from the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department served a search warrant looking for computers and related media, Sheriff John Jordan said in a news release.
The deputies were acting in response to an undercover operation initiated in Adams County, Colo. An officer there posed as a 13-year-old boy and charges from Colorado accuse him of exposing himself and masturbating on a Web camera during a chat conversation, Jordan said.
Deputies discovered five marijuana plants about 6 feet tall and small marijuana plants in the residence, Jordan said. Gilles is being held on $5,000 bond on the Colorado charge and a $35,000 bond for attempted production of marijuana.