- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Lester Milton Dickerson, 69, of Anna died Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005, at Jonesboro Health Care Center.
He was born Nov. 8, 1935, in Elco, Ill., son of Monroe and Marie Neace Dickerson. He and Lois Jean Wright were married in 1979 in Ware, Ill.
Dickerson served 20 years in the U.S. Air Force and was a mechanic. He was a member of Saratoga Church and Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
Survivors include his wife; a stepdaughter, Connie Greenwood of Mount Vernon, Ill.; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and three brothers.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Doug Atkins and Alan Milligan officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery, with military rites by VFW Post 3455.