- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Willie M. Walker, 76, of Portageville, Mo., died Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005, at Portageville Nursing Center.
She was born March 12, 1928, in Decatur, Tenn., daughter of William and Jane Walker Pritchard. She and John Adam Walker Sr. were married in Tennessee. He died in 1992.
Walker was a member of Zion Rock Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, William Walker of New Madrid, Mo., James and Jimmy Walker of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Mary Walker of Tallahassee, Fla., Bertha and Jannie Walker of Cape Girardeau, Bobbie Boyd of Portageville; 12 grandchildren including three she raised, James Walker of Tallahassee, Teresa Walker of Portageville, Ericka McBride of St. Louis; and 22 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Zion Rock Church, with the Rev. Robert Anderson officiating. Burial will be in Portageville Cemetery.