- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Allene Gleason, 94, of Cape Girardeau ascended to her heavenly home Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005, at the Lutheran Home, where she had resided since September 2003.
Allene was born Feb. 12, 1910, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Carmen Gash and Allen Graves. She and Ruddle Gleason were married in November 1935, in Murphysboro, Ill. He died May 3, 1977.
Mrs. Gleason worked at International Shoe Co. and Davis Electric while rearing six children. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Her loving survivors are Joe (Joan) Gleason of San Dimas, Calif., Ken (Sue) Gleason of Cape Girardeau, Marilyn (Kenneth) Stevenson of Riverside, Calif., Jean (Jim) McLain of Wood River, Ill., Judy (Tom) Holshouser of Cape Girardeau, and Joan (Doss) Heath of Tuscola, Ill. She was the proud grandmother of 16 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
An infant daughter, a brother and a sister preceded her in death.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday.
The celebration of her life will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Lynwood Baptist Church, with Dr. Derek Staples officiating.
Remembrance of all children in mother's name may be made to Lynwood Baptist Awanna program or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.