- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Giradeau County delinquent tax list update
The Cape Girardeau County Collector's Office has revised its list of delinquent taxes, as some property owners who owed those taxes have paid them.
The Southeast Missourian recently obtained a list of properties in Cape Girardeau County on which delinquent taxes are owed, including legal descriptions of the properties and how much taxes are owed on them.
Not included in the list are properties for which only taxes that were due on Dec. 31, 2008 are owed -- only those for which 2007 taxes are owed, which may include some for which 2008 taxes are also owed.
Property descriptions were provided to the Cape Girardeau County Collector's Office, which compiled the document, by the Cape Girardeau County Recorder of Deeds and the Cape Girardeau County Assessor.
Those properties for which taxes and fees aren't paid will be placed for sale at the south entrance of the County Administration Building in Jackson at 10 a.m. on Aug. 24.