- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
JENNY MAE DUNCAN WINS LITTLE MISS MISSOURI
Miss Jenny Mae Duncan was crowned "Little Miss Missouri" at the Missouri Misses and Sweetheart Pageants held in Mexico, Missouri, on July 25. Contestants were required to compete in personal interview, talent, active wear, and evening wear. Jenny won high score first place awards in all four areas of competition, the only contestant to do so. For her talent presentation, she performed a vocal solo entitled "Big and Loud" from the animated movie, "Cats Don't Dance".
Jenny had qualified to compete for the title of Little Miss Missouri by winning the Little Miss Jackson Pageant, which is affiliated with the Miss Missouri/Miss America Organization. The newly crowned "Little Miss Missouri" is the 7-year-old daughter of Sam and Melanie Duncan of Jackson. Her grandparents are Jim and Earline Lawrence of Campbell and Sam and Barbara Duncan of Jackson.