- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
JENNY MAE DUNCAN WINS LITTLE MISS MISSOURI
Miss Jenny Mae Duncan was crowned "Little Miss Missouri" at the Missouri Misses and Sweetheart Pageants held in Mexico, Missouri, on July 25. Contestants were required to compete in personal interview, talent, active wear, and evening wear. Jenny won high score first place awards in all four areas of competition, the only contestant to do so. For her talent presentation, she performed a vocal solo entitled "Big and Loud" from the animated movie, "Cats Don't Dance".
Jenny had qualified to compete for the title of Little Miss Missouri by winning the Little Miss Jackson Pageant, which is affiliated with the Miss Missouri/Miss America Organization. The newly crowned "Little Miss Missouri" is the 7-year-old daughter of Sam and Melanie Duncan of Jackson. Her grandparents are Jim and Earline Lawrence of Campbell and Sam and Barbara Duncan of Jackson.