- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JENNY MAE DUNCAN WINS LITTLE MISS MISSOURI
Miss Jenny Mae Duncan was crowned "Little Miss Missouri" at the Missouri Misses and Sweetheart Pageants held in Mexico, Missouri, on July 25. Contestants were required to compete in personal interview, talent, active wear, and evening wear. Jenny won high score first place awards in all four areas of competition, the only contestant to do so. For her talent presentation, she performed a vocal solo entitled "Big and Loud" from the animated movie, "Cats Don't Dance".
Jenny had qualified to compete for the title of Little Miss Missouri by winning the Little Miss Jackson Pageant, which is affiliated with the Miss Missouri/Miss America Organization. The newly crowned "Little Miss Missouri" is the 7-year-old daughter of Sam and Melanie Duncan of Jackson. Her grandparents are Jim and Earline Lawrence of Campbell and Sam and Barbara Duncan of Jackson.