- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
JENNY MAE DUNCAN WINS LITTLE MISS MISSOURI
Miss Jenny Mae Duncan was crowned "Little Miss Missouri" at the Missouri Misses and Sweetheart Pageants held in Mexico, Missouri, on July 25. Contestants were required to compete in personal interview, talent, active wear, and evening wear. Jenny won high score first place awards in all four areas of competition, the only contestant to do so. For her talent presentation, she performed a vocal solo entitled "Big and Loud" from the animated movie, "Cats Don't Dance".
Jenny had qualified to compete for the title of Little Miss Missouri by winning the Little Miss Jackson Pageant, which is affiliated with the Miss Missouri/Miss America Organization. The newly crowned "Little Miss Missouri" is the 7-year-old daughter of Sam and Melanie Duncan of Jackson. Her grandparents are Jim and Earline Lawrence of Campbell and Sam and Barbara Duncan of Jackson.