- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Spitzmiller - Harpster
Gretchen Leigh Spitzmiller and Mitchell Dane Harpster were married May 30, 2009, at Shuck Recital Hall on the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus. The Rev. Paul J. Short performed the ceremony. Music was provided by the university's brass quintet.
Tom and Patty Spitzmiller of Gordonville are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Natalie Newsome of Jackson and Dane and Belinda Harpster of St. Peter, Ill.
The bride's best man was her brother, Brandon Spitzmiller of Ste. Genevieve, Mo. Matron of honor was Adesha Thompson of Foristell, Mo. Bridesmaids were Amy Beussink of Cape Girardeau and Angela Gerberding of Rochester, Ill.
Caleb Kline of Collinsville, Ill., was the groom's best man. Groomsmen were Michael Williams of Hayes, Va., Ryan McCarthy of St. Peters, Mo., and Tony Krajefska of Salem, Ill. Ushers were David Beussink of Cape Girardeau and Cody Hunter of Pevely, Mo., cousin of the groom.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Madison and Dru Eller of Jackson, niece and nephew of the groom.
Mahala Harpster attended the guest book, and Sydney Stein was program attendant. Both are sisters of the groom.
The reception was held in the River Campus Cultural Arts Center Atrium.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 29 at Port Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Harpster is a 1997 graduate of Jackson High School, and a 2002 graduate of Southeast University. She is a teacher with Leopold School District.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of South Central High School in Farina, Ill., and a 2004 graduate of Southeast. He is account manager with Johnson Diversey.
After a wedding trip to Mexico, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.