- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Morgan - Braun
Darcy Morgan and Lawrence Braun were married May 23, 2009, at Meyer Lake in Benton, Mo. The Rev. Russell Rice performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Kathleen Tuma of Poplar Bluff, Mo. The groom is the son of Pauline Braun of Cape Girardeau.
The bride was escorted by her son, Nathan Morgan of Sikeston, Mo.
Matron of honor was Danielle Alspaugh of Cape Girardeau, daughter of the bride. Bridesmaid was Becky Braun Young of Jerseyville, Ill., daughter of the groom.
Travis Braun of Benton was his father's best man. Groomsmen were Kurt Braun of Conway, Ark., son of the groom; Nathan Morgan, son of the bride; Brock Alspaugh of Cape Girardeau, son-in-law of the bride; and Matt Young of Jerseyville, son-in-law of the groom.
Ringbearer was Gavin Alspaugh, son of Brock and Danielle Alspaugh and grandson of the bride.
Mrs. Braun received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a retired high school science teacher.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in chemistry from Southeast, and a master's in business administration from William Woods. He is a results engineer with New Madrid Power Plant.
After a wedding trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains in South Carolina, the couple is residing in Benton.