- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Lori Anne Freeman Ditto, 44, of Charleston died Monday, July 27, 2009, at St. Louis University Trauma Center following a brief illness.
She was born Feb. 23, 1965, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Sara Freeman of Cape Girardeau and Danny and Sharon Freeman of Linn, Mo.
A 1983 graduate of Sikeston High School, she was a member of the National Honor Society and Bulldog Marching Band. She attended Southeast Missouri State University.
She was previously married to Buckey Ditto, and to this union a son, Dalton Ditto, was born.
Survivors include two sons, Dalton Ditto of Bement, Mo., Samuel Golightly of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Lily Golightly of Cape Girardeau; two sisters and a brother-in-law, Carrie and Jeff Young of Jefferson City, Mo., Leslie Freeman of Sikeston, Mo.; a stepsister and brother-in-law, Carrie Michele Ward (Richard) Bascom; grandmothers, Pearl Freeman of Sikeston, Louise Edmonds of Grassy, Mo.; fiance, Eddie Golightly; and his grandparents, Charles and Christine Cogdill of Charleston.
She is also survived by aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends that will miss her dearly.
She was preceded in death by her grandfathers, Charles Freeman and Albert Rodgers.
There was no service.
A trust fund for Lori's children has been set up: Leslie Freeman for Lori Ditto's Children's Fund, c/o First State Bank and Trust Co., Attn: Customer Service Dept., P.O. Box 1830, Sikeston, MO., 63801.