- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
George Edward McLaird, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2009, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born April 3, 1925, in Farmington, Mo., son of Clarence L. and Beulah I. Trickey McLaird. He and Faye Wilma Reid were married April 10, 1946, at Jackson. She died Aug. 9, 2002.
George was a graduate of Indian Creek High School. He had been lounge manager at the former Ramada Inn and current Drury Lodge. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church and VFW Post 3838.
Survivors include a son, Larry McLaird of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Tracee Shepard of Jackson; a sister, Ermal Lansdown of Ozora, Mo.; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; a son, Mark McLaird; a daughter, Cindy Halter; two brothers; and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Tom Sullenger and Jerry Statler officiating. Burial will be in McLain Chapel Cemetery. Military graveside rites will be provided by VFW Post 3838.
Memorial contributions may be given to Grace United Methodist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.