- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jesse Cole Phillips, 27, of Park Hills, Mo., formerly of Jackson, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2009, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Oct. 20, 1981, in Belleville, Ill., son of Ben S. Phillips and Barbara Weigle.
Jesse was a graduate of Jackson High School.
Loving survivors include two daughters, Kadence and Brooklyn Phillips of Jackson; father and stepmother, Ben and Kelli Phillips of Fruitland; mother, Barbara Weigle of Park Hills; two brothers, Ben S. Phillips II of Park Hills, T.J. Phillips of Fruitland; a sister, Crystal Tucker of Park Hills; paternal grandmother, Dathel Gersbacher of Collinsville, Ill., and paternal grandfather, Benny Phillips of Okeechobee, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his stepgrandfather, Jim Gersbacher.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Phillips family, c/o Ben Phillips.