- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Winners of Summer Babies photo contest announced
Voting has ended and winners have been selected in the Southeast Missourian's Summer Babies Photo Contest on semissourian.com.
Thousands of votes were cast by nearly 1,900 registered users who chose their favorites out of the 147 photo entries.
The top three vote-getters will receive prizes -- a $100 gift certificate for Health Point Fitness and a $100 gift certificate for the Southeast Missouri Hospital Auxiliary Wishing Well Gift Shop will be awarded to the first-place winner. The second- and third-place winners will each receive a $50 gift certificate from Photography by Carrie and $50 gift certificate from Endless Summer Tan.
* First place: Jessica Bowen of Jackson for her picture of her daughter, Aaliyah Nichol Allen, with 669 votes.
* Second place: Terry Nelson of Cape Girardeau with 629 votes.
* Third place: Dawna Lannom of Jackson for her picture of Auburn laying on a bed of roses with 600 votes.
To view the winners and other entries, go to semissourian.com/contests and look for the Summer Babies contest link.
And check back just before the start of the high school football season for the Southeast Missourian Pigskin Pick'em High School Football Contest. Contestants pick the winners of high school football games featuring teams throughout the region.
-- Cape Girardeau Central, Chaffee, Perryville, Jackson, Scott City, St. Vincent, Poplar Bluff, Sikeston, East Prairie, Hayti, Malden, Portageville, Caruthersville, Charleston, Dexter, New Madrid County Central and Kennett.
Weekly prizes will be awarded to the contestants with the most correct picks, with a grand prize valued at $250 for the most correct picks during the 10-week contest.
Look for more information in the Southeast Missourian in the coming weeks.