- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bernice Marie Shinn, 80, formerly of Farmington, Mo., died Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 28, 1924, at Farmington, the daughter of the late William F. and Elizabeth Cleve Mell. She married George E. Shinn Jr. He preceded her in death.
Shinn was a member of the St. Paul Lutheran Church and a member of the Ladies Aide. She was a member and past officer of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary. She worked for several years at the Trimfoot Shoe Company.
Survivors include three sons, Gerald Shin of Jackson, Randall Shinn of Gordonville and Gregory Shinn of Farmington; a daughter, Joyce Johnson of Wellsville, Kan.; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Friends may call at the Cozean Memorial Chapel in Farmington from 4 to 8 p.m. on Friday. Visitation will resume on Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
Funeral will be Saturday at 10 a.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Farmington. The Rev. James King and Vicar David Owens will officiate, with burial in the Lutheran Cemetery.