- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Betty Mills, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 7, 2005, at her home.
She was born July 28, 1932, in Georgetown, Ga., daughter of James Anderson and Mary Elizabeth Peak Brooks. She and Billy Gene Mills were married Oct. 23, 1955, in Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 9, 2003.
Mrs. Mills moved to Cape Girardeau in 1953. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church.
She served in the Women's Army Corps from 1950 to 1953 during the Korean Conflict.
Mrs. Mills had worked at Davis Electric, Kagmo Electric, Region IX Council on Developmental Disabilities, VIP Industries and was a licensed real estate agent/broker.
Survivors include two daughters, Linda Susan Burnette of Jackson, Pamela Elizabeth Campbell of Seminole, Fla.; two sisters, Nancy V. Campbell of Eufaula, Ala., Susan O. Kent of Valdosta, Ga.; three grandchildren, Zachary A. Burnette, Nicole L. and Eric Campbell.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Clayton Smith officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church or Cape Girardeau County Genealogical Society.