- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
New Madrid County high school football player dies at practice
NEW MADRID, Mo. -- An autopsy was conducted Wednesday afternoon to determine the cause of death of a high school football player who collapsed during morning practice.
According to New Madrid County Coroner Jimmy McSpadden, Raymond S. Tindle, a student at New Madrid County Central High School, died Wednesday morning while participating in a football drill.
The Sikeston Standard Democrat reports that an ambulance was called to the school, and McSpadden said resuscitation efforts continued as the ambulance transported the student to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
The hospital also attempted to revive the young man, McSpadden said.
The initial investigation did not reveal a cause of death, the coroner said.
The autopsy was conducted at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Mineral Area Regional Medical Center at Farmington, Mo., but the results are not yet available.
310 Highway 61, New Madrid, MO