- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Notre Dame girls coast to win against St. Vincent
The Notre Dame girls basketball team pulled away after the first quarter to roll past visiting St. Vincent 79-41 on Wednesday night.
The Bulldogs (7-15) led 21-14 after one period, but exploded to a 48-25 halftime advantage. A 25-9 third-quarter edge broke the game wide open.
Five Bulldogs scored in double figures, led by Allison Toole with 16 points. Meredith Medlin and Kristain Burger both had 15, followed by Amanda Essner with 11, and Amber Karnes with 10.
Jessica Welker led St. Vincent (4-14) with 14 points.
NOTRE DAME 79, ST. VINCENT 41
ST. VINCENT (41) -- Jessica Welker 14, Lauren Schumer 8, Alex Lundy 7, Theresa Mattingly 4, Kelsey Kutz 2, Joy Donze 2, Sierra Paulus 2, Hanna Schremp 2. FG 14, FT 10-12, F 6 (3-pointers: Welker 1. Fouled out: none)
NOTRE DAME (79) -- Allison Toole 16, Meredith Medlin 15, Kristain Burger 15, Amanda Essner 11, Amber Karnes 10, Amanda Toole 8, Rachel Weidenbenner 2, Alana Weissmueller 2. FG 35, FT 3-6, F 9 (3-pointers: Medlin 2. Fouled out: none)
JV -- Notre Dame def. St. Vincent 55-28.
Because of a number of absences due to illness at Leopold High School, Friday's boys basketball game between Leopold and Saxony Lutheran has been postponed. The teams will play Feb. 19 at Leopold with the junior varsity game at 2 p.m. and the varsity game at 3:30.