- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Marian Moody, 89, of Sikeston died Sunday, Feb. 6, 2005, at Sikeston Convalescent Center.
She was born Sept. 7, 1915, at Bloomfield, Mo., daughter of David and Minnie Harper Aslin. She and Ralph Moody were married May 24, 1935, at Charleston, Mo.
Moody had worked at Sikes Hardware and Sikes Sporting Goods. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Carol Shell of Sikeston; a brother, Reuben Aslin of Longview, Wash.; two sisters, Marjorie Hopkins of Alton, Ill., Leah Francis of Longview; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sisters and five brothers.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Rick Ramsey officiating. Burial will be in Walker Cemetery at Bloomfield.
Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston is in charge of arrangements.