- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marilyn R. Mirly, 57, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 6, 2005, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born May 6, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Wilbert E. and Delma M. Oberbeck Huettig. She and James W. Mirly were married May 6, 1966, in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Mirly was a 1965 graduate of College High School. She was employed by Cape Girardeau School District more than 20 years, including 18 years as cafeteria manager at Clippard School. She was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Steven Mirly and wife Tonia of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Jill Clements and husband Richard of Jackson; her mother of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Bethany and Logan Mirly and Samantha Clements.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, and at Hanover Lutheran Church Thursday from 2:30 p.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 4 p.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Daniel Hackney officiating. Burial will be in Hanover Church Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Brad and Todd Mirly, Kent and Kyle Glass, Nathan Rees and Brian Tuschhoff. Honorary pallbearers will be Neil and Andy Glass, Dean and Mike Tuschhoff.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hanover Lutheran Church Building Fund, Saxony Lutheran High School, American Diabetes Association or Clippard School PTA.