- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Richard Randol Sr.
Richard Glenn Randol Sr., 68, of Jackson died Sunday, Feb. 6, 2005, at his home.
He was born Sept. 25, 1936, in Cape Girardeau, son of William Randol and Theresa "Tressie" Blaylock Randol. He and Patricia Ann Logan were married Dec. 24, 1955, in Cape Girardeau.
Mr. Randol was a truck driver 25 years with the city of Cape Girardeau Street Department, retiring in 1998. He had been a deckhand and first mate 15 years on the Mississippi River, and farmed at Fruitland.
He was baptized in October 1938 at Third Street Methodist Church. He was a hunter, fisherman, great storyteller, ginseng hunter, and loved the Mississippi River. He was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rebecca Gailann "Becky" Troy and husband Mark of Jackson, Patricia Anne "Patty" Wolters and husband Chuck of Jackson; four sons, Richard Glenn Randol Jr. and wife Sherry of Cape Girardeau, James Logan "Jim" Randol and wife Mary of Knoxville, Tenn., John Eric Randol and wife Becky of Shawneetown, Daniel "Danny" Randol and wife Shelly of Jackson; his mother of Jackson; a sister, Billie June Beddow of Brownsburg, Ind.; and a brother, Larry Kirk Randol of Scott City.
Also surviving are 11 grandchildren, Christina Ann Greable of Cape Girardeau, Theresa Marie Randol and Kyle David Randol of Jackson, Andrew Ryan Jackson of Cherry Point, N.C., Britanie Randol and Matthew Cody Jackson of Jackson, Ashton Renee Randol of Shawneetown, Taylor Danielle Randol, Tristan Blake Randol, Josey Wolters and Logan Randol Troy, all of Jackson; seven great-grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; and a great-stepgrandchild.
He was preceded in death by a son, William Donald Randol, and a sister, Shirley Jean Randol.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Fruitland.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society or Southeast Hospice.