- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Emma Bowen, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Feb. 5, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born June 13, 1935, in Van Buren, Mo., daughter of Aubrey and Ruby Mead Murray. She and David Bormann were married in 1990. He died in 1996.
Bowen was a purchasing agent for American Safety in Palmyra, Mo. She was also the owner and operator of a gas station and convenience store in Hannibal, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Chris Bowen of Jackson; a daughter, Andrea Bowen, of Portland, Ore.; two brothers, James Murray of St. Louis, Robert Murray of Conning, Ark.; a sister, Verneal Copeland of St. Louis; and four grandchildren.
Graveside services will be at 4:30 p.m. today at Oak Grove Cemetery in Doniphan, Mo., with the Rev. Dick Murray officiating. Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.