- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
LEMOORE NAVAL AIR STATION, Calif. -- Susan Jane Hopen Carlson, 44, of Lemoore Naval Air Station died Thursday, Feb. 3, 2005, at Kaweah Delta Hospital in Visalia, Ca.
She was born Nov. 12, 1960, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of James J. and Betty S. Johnson Hopen. She and Scott C. Carlson were married May 16, 1987.
Carlson graduated from Notre Dame High School in 1979. She was a devoted, full-time mom.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Grant Carlson of the home; her mother; four sisters, Mary Drum of Herndon, Va., Linda Shelton of Cape Girardeau, Judy Hopen of St. Louis and Carolyn Davis of Jackson; and three brothers, Thom Hopen of Lawrenceville, Ga., Mike Hopen of Cape Girardeau and Steve Hopen of Sikeston, Mo; six nephews; and 11 nieces.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother, Rob Hopen.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, 120 Wall St., New York, N.Y. 10005-4001.