- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hope Davenport, 58, of Jackson died Saturday, Feb. 5, 2005, at Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
She and Lester Davenport were married May 4, 1974, in Greenville, N.Y. He died Jan. 21, 1997.
She was a member of Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.
She is survived by a daughter, Kelly Shipman of Jackson; two sons, Matt Davenport and his wife Melissa of Waverly, Iowa, and Wesley Davenport and his wife Michelle of Grand Ridge, Fla.; one sister, Elizabeth LeMac of Port Jervis, N.Y.; three granchildren, Ethan Davenport of Waverly, Kimberly and James Shipman of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Henry and Elizabeth Hulse.
Friends may call from noon until 1 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ben Stafford officiating. Ford and Sons Funeral Home will be in charge of the arrangements.