- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area calendar 8/2
* Fall registration: The Jackson boys baseball league, for players ages 8 to 18, will hold fall registration from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 15 and 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 16 at West Park Mall. Forms also can be found at www.jblbaseball.org. Forms must be postmarked by Aug. 20.
* Jackson boys camps: Jackson will host boys basketball camps at the high school. A little dribblers camp for players in grades kindergarten through 2 will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday to Thursday. Cost: $40 if preregistered, $45 at the door. Individual workouts also will be available with the Jackson coaching staff and focus on shooting fundamentals, post moves and ball handling. Cost: $75 for four sessions, $135 for eight sessions, $180 for 12 sessions. Info or to register: www.coachscott.org.
* Central booster tournament: The Central High School booster club will host a golf tournament Friday at Dalhousie Golf Club. Info: Chris Sheets, 270-8458.
* Perry County Junior Amateur: Perryville Country Club will host the Perry County Junior Golf Amateur Championship on Thursday. The individual stroke-play tournament is open to boys and girls ages 5 to 18. Boys and girls ages 5 to 11 will tee off at 8 a.m.; boys and girls ages 12 to 13 and beginners ages 14 to 17 will tee off at 10:30 a.m.; boys and girls ages 14 to 18 will tee off at 1 p.m. Cost: Free for Perry County juniors, $8 for nonresidents. Deadline: Wednesday. Info or to register: 573-547-8036.
* Parent-child tournament: Perryville Country Club will host a parent-child tournament Aug. 16. The 18-hole, two-person scramble will begin at 11 a.m. The junior must be related to the adult playing partner. Cost: $10 per person for members and $15 for nonmembers. Deadline: Aug. 15. Info or to register: 573-547-8036.
* Southeast Missouri State camp: Southeast Missouri State's soccer staff will host a camp for boys and girls ages 6 to 13. It will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at Shawnee Park field No. 12. Info: Paul Nelson, 587-8056.
* Open swim: There will be a one-mile open-water swim Saturday at Lake Boutin in Trail of Tears State Park. The race will begin at 11 a.m. with a run-in start and it will be a two-loop course marked with buoys and lifeguards will be on duty. There will be chip timing. Cost: $25; $30 on race day. Info or to register: splitmastertiming.com.
* Social doubles: Doubles players are invited to play socially Saturday mornings at the Southeast Missouri State University tennis facility. Play begins at 8 a.m. There is no cost and players of all abilities are invited.
* Trail of Tears triathlon: The Trail of Tears triathlon is scheduled for Sept. 12 at Trail of Tears State Park. The course consists of a half-mile swim, 15-mile bike ride and four-mile run. The race begins at 9 a.m. Cost: $35 for individuals and $40 for teams before Sept. 1; $45 for individuals and $50 for teams after Sept. 1. Non-USAT members must buy a one-day membership for $10. Info or to register: active.com.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail to be included in the calendar.