- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area digest 8/2
Swimmer Scott captures two firsts
Susan Beth Scott of Cape Girardeau won the 50- and 400-meter freestyle events Friday at the Can Am Para Swimming Championships in Edmonton, Alberta.
She touched the wall in 29.17 seconds to win the 50 and finished in 4:38.05 to win the 400. She beat Canada's Anne Polinario, the gold medalist at the Beijing Paralympics, in the 50. Her 400 time moved her into second in the world rankings.
Kiefner earns medalist honors
Luanne Kiefner was the medalist at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Kiefner and Betty Michel tied for first place.
Moll brings home championship
Ella Moll took first place in the short stirrup division at the Dublin Farms Charity Horse Show in St. Louis to pace the Fox Run Stable riding team.
Moll, 11, rode Puff Daddy. She also took second in the Dublin medal class and furminator class.
Sarah Bednar took third in the beginning rider division while Andrew LaFoe was fifth in the furminator class.
Jordan Richmond took fourth in the model hunter division.
-- From staff reports